To Whom it May Concern,
Following the revised government guidance that all staff should work from home unless workplace attendance is essential, I wanted to send a personal update on what we are doing at EMS to protect the wellbeing of our employees so we can continue to provide calibration and service support for you.
- EMS will continue to provide calibration and service support as long as our staff and customers are safe and protected.
- The majority of our staff are now remote working to ensure that we are enabling everyone to protect themselves through appropriate social distancing and to minimise the risk of transmission within the workplace. There will be a skeleton crew in Sandyford to receive any units which may require calibration.
- All planned face-to-face meetings are now replaced with Microsoft Teams video calls. Onsite visits will be curtailed to essential maintenance callouts or to finalise the enablement of remote working.
- We have departmental calls and ops meetings using Teams to ensure we maintain social contact whilst working from home. We have and will be sharing the insights and best practices we are learning over the coming weeks.
- We are constantly reviewing our own supply chain to see what may be at risk. Most of our vendors have robust processes in place so we are confident we can rely on them to deliver services to us. Any partners where we feel they maybe vulnerable are being reviewed.
- Units for calibration can be sent to our office in Sandyford rather than have EMS go to site. Equipment is wiped down with IPA on arrival and exit. Onsite cleaning is performed with wipes provided.
- Where we do have to work onsite, we do ask our customers to supply a separated area / benchtop to work in safely away for other employees. Hand washing, safe distancing etc will be performed continuously throughout the day and gloves are worn where necessary.
- We would ask that all customers who require onsite work to provide an email stating that the work is essential to site operations. This will act as a “valid reason for travel” reference should the engineer be stopped by local authorities en-route and will facilitate quicker access to site.
- As most of our workers are remote, please can we ask for your understanding if noises like children’s voices maybe heard in the background.
I want to personally wish you all good health and to remain safe at this unprecedented time but please do contact us through the usual channels so we can help in any way we can.